[bbDev] official .pot translation file

Stefano steagl at people.it
Sun Nov 5 16:41:37 GMT 2006

On Sun, 5 Nov 2006 14:56:59 +0200, "Hasan Karaboga"
<hasan at teknoseyir.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've finished translating bbPress into my language, Turkish.
>I used a file which is found in forum:
>http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/6
>
>It's working, but there are some missing strings in that file.
>Will there be any official translation file for bbPress?

Yes some strings are missed in the distro, some are already updated in
the SVN repository where there is the day by day developping version.

You can easily read the sources and add the new strings using poedit,
u can simply have a unpacked (even not working version of bbpress on
your PC), put you .po file into the home dir of bbpress then open it
and selec settings from the Catalog menu.

Set languages anf other info in the Project Info tab, under Paths tab
make Basepath equal tu . (dot) and add a path with value . too.

Under the Keywords tab add __ and _e, and click ok

Now you can update the striongs to transalte adding the new one and
deleting the older one (that are no more present in the code) simply
selecting Update from sources option under the Catalog menu.
Note that without setting the various thing under the Settings menu
this option it's not active.

Happy translation

On bbpress forum there is a topic about a calling for trnaslators
volunteer in various languages, I think that as for WP after there
will be a group of translator for some languages they will put up a
SVN polyglots for bbpress too.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it