[bbDev] Admin Link in bbPress not doing anything.

Aaron aaron at paintbox.org
Thu Mar 23 16:13:11 GMT 2006

I have varying levels of integration running on multiple installs.  (as
previously mentioned on the WP support forum
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/63222

One thing I did do that I dont think has been mentioned or at least in
depth is, both WP and BBpress installed an fully operational before
attempting integration.  Both were installed into one db (this was
mentioned)

On one of my installs I was having the same problem, it was associated
around these lines
>   $bb->usercookie = 'wordpressuser_' . $myhash;
>   $bb->passcookie = 'wordpresspass_' . $myhash;
>
>   // Use the same cookie as WP
>   $bb->cookiepath = '/';

Off of the top of my head I cannot remember what I did to correct it, but
I see that you have found another thread that I was involved in on the
WPMU forum where some of this was hashed out.

On another install, I have a very simple integration set up, no shared
cookies, but admin links work, users work etc.  the config looks like

<?php
// ** MySQL settings ** //
define('BBDB_NAME', 'dbname');     // The name of the database
define('BBDB_USER', 'user');     // Your MySQL username
define('BBDB_PASSWORD', 'password'); // ...and password
define('BBDB_HOST', 'localhost');     // 99% chance you won't need to
change this value

// Change the prefix if you want to have multiple forums in a single
database.
$bb_table_prefix  = 'bb_';

$bb->domain = 'http://domain.com';	// There should be no trailing slash here.
$bb->path   = '/install-directory/';			// There should be both a leading
and trailing slash here. '/' is fine.
$bb->name   = 'Forum Title';

$bb->admin_email = 'admin at email.com
$bb->mod_rewrite = true;
$bb->page_topics = 30;

define('CUSTOM_USER_TABLE', 'wp_users');

// Number of minutes after posting a user can edit their post
$bb->edit_lock = 60;

$bb->gmt_offset = -5;

/* Stop editing */

define('BBPATH', dirname(__FILE__) . '/' );
require_once( BBPATH . 'bb-settings.php' );
?>

I know this basically the standard bb-config file with a slight change,
and it doesnt work towards true integration, but hopefully it will get you
to a point where everything works, then you can start adding from there.

Aaron