[bbDev] WP user integration works, but...

Austin Matzko if.website at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 15:53:28 GMT 2006

On 8/12/06, Max Roeleveld <max at doenietzomoeilijk.nl> wrote:
> - WP functions and plugins
> I'd really like to be able to use WP functions (and building on that,
> themes), but if I include wp-config.php I get errors, stating that
> certain functions are already defined, etc. Simply put: there seem to
> be namespace conflicts.
>
> Is that right, or have I (again) screwed stuff up? If I *am* right,
> is there a simple way to get around these issues? AFAIK, you can't
> just include certain parts of WP, since pretty much everything
> depends on something else, and WP will include all kinds of things
> anyway.

I have had a WordPress / bbPress integration going for some time, and
when I upgraded WP last week I decided to update bbPress to the newest
version as well, which introduced those very same errors you mention.

I got around them by commenting out this line 61 in bb-settings.php:
require( BBPATH . 'bb-includes/l10n.php');
(the internationalization functions apparently are duplicates of WP functions)
and I added a line at 237 in bb-includes/functions.php, changing

                                        else

call_user_func($function, $string);

                                        else {
                                                if
(is_array($function)) $function = $function['function'];

call_user_func($function, $string);
                                        }

I hope that helps.