[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS/Linux Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible Archive" on upload

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Mar 5 03:15:17 UTC 2024

#60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS/Linux Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible
Archive" on upload
 Reporter:  Endymion00                           |       Owner:
                                                 |  peterwilsoncc
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by adegans):

 Replying to [comment:101 jorbin]:
 > An additional workaround is now available. The
 [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60398#comment:37 plugin shared
 earlier] is now available in [https://wordpress.org/plugins/force-pclzip/
 the WordPress.org repository] and thus is now available for installation
 directly from individual site dashboards. Searching for `force pclzip`
 brought it up as the first result for me.

 Great, but we don't want more workarounds, we want WP to support all
 popular/common types of zip files.
 Releasing plugins for a problem you guys (accidentally) created and
 supposedly are fixing "within a month" is a waste of time, time better
 spent on releasing a real solution.

 And then - "A workaround for users who are dealing with improperly created
 zip files."

 Really? Improperly?

 You (the wp peoples) choose to not support certain types of zip files.
 That's very different from implying linux and macOS users using built-in
 tools is wrong...
 Operating systems decides what's proper or not. Not you or WP devs. OS
 developers do.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60398#comment:102>