[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS/Linux Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible Archive" on upload

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 27 18:27:56 UTC 2024

#60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS/Linux Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible
Archive" on upload
 Reporter:  Endymion00                           |       Owner:
                                                 |  peterwilsoncc
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by adegans):

 @welaunchio Yep same here, frustrated users, several refund requests and
 multiple tickets a day about this... Very frustrating for devs too.

 > To be fair to the core team, there ''is'' a fairly simple workaround for
 devs (zipping at command line instead of in the Finder), and by
 implementing it quickly with my own commercial plugin I was able to bypass
 this issue. But this inaction on their part does seem to reflect a general
 disregard for the larger ecosystem around WordPress.

 @room34 No! WordPress should conform/support whatever major operating
 systems provide/do and be compatible with them. Not make unthoughtful
 updates like this and then make a large part of users wait on a fix that
 appears to have been ready for at least 2 weeks. I don't know their
 testing process and I do appreciate testing exists and takes time, but
 restoring functions/compatibility for something that has worked for over
 10 years should not take this long.

 Not to mention what @StephenCronin said about backwards compatibility for
 a bazillion older files already in place, which work fine, have worked
 fine and will work fine for years...

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60398#comment:81>