[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS/Linux Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible Archive" on upload

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 27 17:58:01 UTC 2024

#60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS/Linux Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible
Archive" on upload
 Reporter:  Endymion00                           |       Owner:
                                                 |  peterwilsoncc
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by room34):

 Replying to [comment:79 welaunchio]:
 > Yeah please push this update now.
 >
 > I received tons of support queries, bad ratings and refunds for my
 plugins, because of this change!

 To be fair to the core team, there ''is'' a fairly simple workaround for
 devs (zipping at command line instead of in the Finder), but this inaction
 on their part does seem to reflect a general disregard for the larger
 ecosystem around WordPress.

 Open source purists may not appreciate the fact that people have built
 businesses around commercial uses of WordPress outside of the repository,
 but WordPress wouldn't be as huge as it is without us. This is a fairly
 straightforward situation, I think. The update needs to be released
 without further delay.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60398#comment:80>