[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible Archive" on upload

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 1 15:29:50 UTC 2024

#60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible Archive"
on upload
----------------------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  Endymion00                              |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                            |      Status:  new

Comment (by tnolte):

 To assist with the current pains, to allow developers time to adjust their
 packaging processes, can we revert this change behind a feature flag that
 can be turned back on manually, using a configuration constant?

 Then we can clearly plan to re-implement this change, enabled by default,
 under a given timeline/plan with clear communication and heads up to Devs.

 I'm trying to acknowledge the pain that this is causing Devs being caught
 off guard by this change, but I'd like to see us still push for this
 change to be on.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60398#comment:50>