[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible Archive" on upload

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 1 15:09:32 UTC 2024

#60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible Archive"
on upload
----------------------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  Endymion00                              |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                            |      Status:  new

Comment (by mujuonly):

 Replying to [comment:46 tnolte]:
 > Replying to [comment:20 britner]:
 > > I'm surprised this isn't being treated as a more critical bug. I
 understand the desire to push this on theme/plugin developers and have
 them not use native Mac compress to create zip files.

 > > However, anyone on a Mac using Safari when trying to download from the
 .org repo will have Safari extract the plugin file on download by default
 (unless they change this in Safari preferences), and then most of those
 users would be used to compressing using the native mac compress and
 uploading to their WordPress website. Which is now broken because of the
 6.4.3 update.

 > I find it is most likely a rarity that users are manually downloading
 plugins from WordPress.org to then upload them via zip archive. I pretty
 sure they would most likely be just browsing the plugin directory from
 their Dashboard and just clicking install.

 This issue doesn't exist with the WordPress repository downloaded zip.
 This occurs only for the zips that are created by MacOS UI as mentioned in
 the title.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60398#comment:47>