[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57472: Twenty Twelve: Pullquote block alignment issue from incorrect margin in editor (was: Twenty Twelve theme: Pullquote block alignment issue in backend site)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 25 05:26:54 UTC 2024

#57472: Twenty Twelve: Pullquote block alignment issue from incorrect margin in
editor
----------------------------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  umesh84                           |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                      |      Status:  new
Changes (by sabernhardt):

 * keywords:  has-screenshots has-patch needs-testing => has-screenshots
     has-patch commit
 * version:  6.1.1 => 5.6
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => 6.6

Comment:

 To experience the issue in WordPress 6.5, use the non-framed editor (show
 the Custom Fields panel or activate a plugin such as Yoast SEO).

 The `.edit-post-visual-editor` class is outside the iframe, so the style
 that the patch removes would not apply when the editor canvas is framed.

 I did not find an explanation on #45040 for why its patch(es) had set the
 margins to zero, though I think it might have been intended to remove
 browser styles on the `figure` element. GB10425 adjusted the plugin's left
 and right margins to zero one week before the theme's patch was uploaded,
 which suggests that the block style change was not noticed yet. I can
 remove the style from the theme's CSS without any difference when using
 WordPress 5.0.21 (in addition to 5.4.2 and 5.5).

 WordPress 5.6 removed the `<div data-type="core/pullquote">` container,
 and the block needed to retain `auto` margins for the left and right sides
 plus `1.75em` for the bottom margin within the editor.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/57472#comment:7>