[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60774: Make the user_login field readonly instead of disabled on the profile screen

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Apr 22 06:59:42 UTC 2024

#60774: Make the user_login field readonly instead of disabled on the profile
screen
 Reporter:  roytanck                 |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  accepted
  opinion                            |  administration

Comment (by roytanck):

 @rajinsharwar From a usability perspective I think it makes sense for
 there to be a visual distinction between fields that are readonly versus
 disabled. The instruction text also makes it very clear that this field's
 value cannot be changed.

 If we're unhappy with how the field now looks, perhaps we should introduce
 new styling specifically for readonly fields?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60774#comment:5>