[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60774: Make the user_login field readonly instead of disabled on the profile screen

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Apr 22 00:31:53 UTC 2024

#60774: Make the user_login field readonly instead of disabled on the profile
screen
 Reporter:  roytanck                 |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  accepted
  opinion                            |  administration
Changes (by rajinsharwar):

 * keywords:  has-patch commit => has-patch commit 2nd-opinion

Comment:

 Though this is working, still I am still wondering about this dark focus
 change in this field.

 Before: https://prnt.sc/KchVURPJkIxI
 After: https://prnt.sc/-3MQdWlekexp

 Isn't this a little hard to identify if that field is actually disabled or
 not? Should we add an extra class, and add the CSS from the input:disabled
 styles we have?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60774#comment:4>