[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53825: /* Error on wp-includes/css/dashicons.min.css?ver=5.8 : Something went wrong: A valid URL was not provided. */

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 9 22:06:42 UTC 2024

#53825: /* Error on wp-includes/css/dashicons.min.css?ver=5.8 : Something went
wrong: A valid URL was not provided. */
-------------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  nitindhir          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  closed
Changes (by sabernhardt):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 Looking at the
 [https://web.archive.org/web/20211018141815/https://happysavings.in/ Web
 archive], I notice that you had worked around the issue by putting the
 stylesheet link inside an HTML comment.
 {{{
 <!-- <link rel='stylesheet' id='dashicons-css'
 href='https://happysavings.in/wp-
 content/cache/fvm/min/1632992444-css0edc6c624c65efcd074e10f72bbfa71713a14e80d2fdbf79aa956893567ae.css'
 type='text/css' media='all' /> -->
 }}}

 Fast Velocity Minify had a similar report in their support forum in 2021.
 https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fyi-error-notices/

 Some resource URLs include `wpfc-minified`, which might involve the WP
 Fastest Cache plugin too. The [https://wordpress.org/plugins/fast-
 velocity-minify/#developers Fast Velocity Minify changelog] mentions
 adding compatibility with other performance-related plugins, so the
 problem may have been caused by an old conflict. It's also possible that
 some caching was still enabled even after you disabled plugins (for
 example, my hosting account likes to cache pages/files).

 Considering that the site is no longer available and I am not aware of
 similar recent issues, I'm inclined to close this ticket. Feel free to add
 more details and/or reopen the ticket.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53825#comment:4>