[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60957: Install fonts in Font Library in WP 6.5 not working on multisite using Twenty Twenty-four

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 9 01:39:47 UTC 2024

#60957: Install fonts in Font Library in WP 6.5 not working on multisite using
Twenty Twenty-four
 Reporter:  hartsook      |       Owner:  (none)

Old description:

> Fonts install in the e.g. "uploads/sites/8/fonts" directory on the proper
> "site" in multisite. The new font shows up in the Font Library in Styles
> Typography, but is not rendered either in the Style Book or the front
> end.
>
> Here is the theme.json for the installed font:
> "fontFace": [
>                                                 {
>                                                         "fontFamily":
> "\"Alegreya Sans SC\"",
>                                                         "fontStyle":
> "normal",
>                                                         "fontWeight":
> "500",
>                                                         "src":
> "http://eosfse.movingmoment.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/fonts/mtGm4
> -RGJqfMvt7P8FUr0Q1j-Hf1DrpG0iFrMYJ_K-4.woff2"
>                                                 },
>                                                 {
>                                                         "fontFamily":
> "\"Alegreya Sans SC\"",
>                                                         "fontStyle":
> "italic",
>                                                         "fontWeight":
> "500",
>                                                         "src":
> "http://eosfse.movingmoment.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/fonts/mtGk4
> -RGJqfMvt7P8FUr0Q1j-Hf1BkxdBidhMKB6O-51OA.woff2"
>                                                 }
>                                         ],
>                                         "fontFamily": "\"Alegreya Sans
> SC\", sans-serif",
>                                         "name": "Alegreya Sans SC",
>                                         "slug": "alegreya-sans-sc"
>                                 }
>                         ],

New description:

 Fonts install in the e.g. "uploads/sites/8/fonts" directory on the proper
 "site" in multisite. The new font shows up in the Font Library in Styles
 Typography, but is not rendered either in the Style Book or the front end.

 Here is the `theme.json` for the installed font:
 {{{
                 "fontFace": [
                         {
                                 "fontFamily": "\"Alegreya Sans SC\"",
                                 "fontStyle": "normal",
                                 "fontWeight": "500",
                                 "src": "http://eosfse.movingmoment.com/wp-
 content/uploads/sites/8/fonts/mtGm4-RGJqfMvt7P8FUr0Q1j-
 Hf1DrpG0iFrMYJ_K-4.woff2"
                         },
                         {
                                 "fontFamily": "\"Alegreya Sans SC\"",
                                 "fontStyle": "italic",
                                 "fontWeight": "500",
                                 "src": "http://eosfse.movingmoment.com/wp-
 content/uploads/sites/8/fonts/mtGk4-RGJqfMvt7P8FUr0Q1j-Hf1BkxdBidhMKB6O-
 51OA.woff2"
                         }
                 ],
                 "fontFamily": "\"Alegreya Sans SC\", sans-serif",
                 "name": "Alegreya Sans SC",
                 "slug": "alegreya-sans-sc"
         }
 ],

Comment (by sabernhardt):

 I get mixed content errors in the browser console. The site enforces
 HTTPS, but the font refers to the unsecured (sub)domain.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60957#comment:4>