[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59687: get_test_available_updates_disk_space() does not handle an $available_space of NULL correctly

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 25 18:08:06 UTC 2023

#59687: get_test_available_updates_disk_space() does not handle an $available_space
of NULL correctly
---------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  Larry.Daniele  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement    |      Status:  new

Comment (by Larry.Daniele):

 This is the response I got from WP Engine this morning:

    I see you are getting the following warning on the site: " Available
 disk space is critically low, less than 20 MB available. Proceed with
 caution, updates may fail. "

    The warning in Site Health on a site is actually something that's
 generated by WordPress. It is not synced to your environment properly and
 can be safely ignored. There was a change that WordPress made to the
 coding of the tool that pulls Disk Space so that output is vastly
 inaccurate. It may or may not change at some point but that would be
 something WordPress has to fix. This is a bug in WordPress itself - it
 should be sorted in the latest update.

 I do not know if there is a specific Trac issue related to what WP Engine
 is reporting. But if so, it would also relate to this issue.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59687#comment:3>