[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59723: Pattern file containing PHP constant from theme causes fatal error on update to WordPress 6.4

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Oct 24 21:50:07 UTC 2023

#59723: Pattern file containing PHP constant from theme causes fatal error on
update to WordPress 6.4
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  fabiankaegy      |       Owner:  joemcgill
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by rajinsharwar):

 Also, I am able to replicate it, when I am trying to downgrade from 6.4 to
 6.3.2. It seems that this is calling the patterns before the theme itself,
 whenever the DB update is required after an update.

 Specifically, on this page: http://my-site.localhost/wp-
 admin/upgrade.php?_wp_http_referer=%2Fwp-admin%2F

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59723#comment:5>