[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59723: Pattern file containing PHP constant from theme causes fatal error on update to WordPress 6.4

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Oct 24 21:42:55 UTC 2023

#59723: Pattern file containing PHP constant from theme causes fatal error on
update to WordPress 6.4
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  fabiankaegy      |       Owner:  joemcgill
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  reviewing
Changes (by rajinsharwar):

 * priority:  high => normal
 * milestone:  6.4 => Awaiting Review

Comment:

 I can replicate the error. If we use the theme shared, we get the below
 error.

 PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Undefined constant "NAMESPACE_IMAGE_URL"
 in ..\public\wp-content\themes\wp-core-59723-sample-theme-
 main\patterns\sample.php:9

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59723#comment:4>