[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58962: Provide a way to load multiple specific options with a single database request

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 23 14:07:24 UTC 2023

#58962: Provide a way to load multiple specific options with a single database
request
 Reporter:  flixos90                             |       Owner:  flixos90
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by joemcgill):

 I understand @flixos90 objection to using the underscore here, given the
 intent of these functions. For that reason, even though they serve a very
 similar purpose to the other `_prime_{thing}_caches()` functions, I think
 avoiding the confusion altogether would be better. I'd even avoid adding
 `_caches` the end of the function names. To make the distinction and
 intent even more clear, I would consider renaming these to

 * `wp_load_options()`
 * `wp_load_options_group()`

 While they still serve the purpose of loading and caching a set of
 options, these names would avoid the confusion with internal `prime_`
 functions and would more closely align with other option loading
 functions, `wp_load_alloptions()` and `wp_load_core_site_options()`.

 Given that these are still unreleased functions, I'd prefer the minor
 inconvenience of needing to update the dev note over being stuck with
 inconsistent function names.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/58962#comment:22>