[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59633: Ensure theme files caching mechanisms are filterable and caches can be manually cleared

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Oct 17 14:15:05 UTC 2023

#59633: Ensure theme files caching mechanisms are filterable and caches can be
manually cleared
-------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  afercia      |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Changes (by hellofromTonya):

 * type:  defect (bug) => enhancement

Comment:

 Sorry for my delay in responding. Thanks for the ping.

 The Theme Editor UI concerns: yes, good catch @afercia. As users can edit
 files in this editor UI, an enhancement is needed to improve compatibility
 as @flixos90 noted.

 But this is not strictly a 6.4 issue, as the concerns pre-date 6.4. Thus,
 I don't think they are a blocker for the 6.4 release.

 Rather, I agree with @flixos90 to address the Theme Editor UI in a
 separate ticket which can be targeted for 6.5.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59633#comment:9>