[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59986: Add a filter into the $wp_meta_boxes output loop to provide the ability to change data

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 29 15:43:44 UTC 2023

#59986: Add a filter into the $wp_meta_boxes output loop to provide the ability to
change data
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  oglekler           |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by oglekler):

 @swissspidy the global can be modified directly, yes, and I did exactly
 this, but this isn't the right way to do it.

 https://wordpress.org/plugins/posts-to-posts/ - plugin is maintained or
 supported somehow, possibly just updated from another repo 🤔 But if it is
 really not maintained properly, my problems multiply.

 Still, this is only one case when you can modify information, and possibly
 there are other cases. I think the ability to add a description or
 something else into the metabox is also a possibility: #39969

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59986#comment:2>