[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55342: If the contextual help panel is open and then I scroll, I have to click on help twice to close the panel

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jul 16 16:43:22 UTC 2023

#55342: If the contextual help panel is open and then I scroll, I have to click on
help twice to close the panel
--------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  mikecho                         |       Owner:  joedolson
     Type:  defect (bug)                    |      Status:  closed
Changes (by joedolson):

 * status:  reviewing => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 In [changeset:"56243" 56243]:
 {{{
 #!CommitTicketReference repository="" revision="56243"
 Help/About: Fix closing contextual help when scrolled.

 Change from `scrollIntoView` to `scrollIntoViewIfNeeded` so scrolling will
 only fire when it is required. `scrollIntoViewIfNeeded` is a proprietary
 method that is not standardized and not currently on a track towards
 standards. However, testing has it working well, including in Firefox,
 which supposedly does not support it.

 Props mikecho, studionashvegas, mai21, piotrek, Heiko_Mamerow, costdev,
 joedolson.
 Fixes #55342.

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/55342#comment:14>