[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55342: If the contextual help panel is open and then I scroll, I have to click on help twice to close the panel

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 10 21:48:05 UTC 2023

#55342: If the contextual help panel is open and then I scroll, I have to click on
help twice to close the panel
--------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  mikecho                         |       Owner:  joedolson
     Type:  defect (bug)                    |      Status:  reviewing
Changes (by joedolson):

 * keywords:  has-patch needs-testing => has-patch needs-testing commit

Comment:

 While this patch does appear to resolve the issue, it depends on a non-
 standard proprietary method that has not yet been incorporated into W3C
 standards. Usage of this does seem to be growing based on data and there
 is relatively recent activity in the standards repositories on it. The
 non-standard method gives me some pause.

 The patch does fix the problem, however, even in Firefox which does not
 theoretically support this method, so it may be OK. This may throw errors
 in uncommon browser situations. In my opinion, the issue this fixes is
 probably more significant than the risk of incompatibility, and hopefully
 if problems do come out, they'll be found prior to release.

 I'm marking this commit, but if anybody else has thoughts about the use of
 `scrollIntoViewIfNeeded()`, please voice those thoughts. I'll commit it
 later this evening if not.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/55342#comment:13>