[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57453: Newly created sub-site in multisite not appearing immediately in toolbar's site-list dropdown.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jan 14 01:07:03 UTC 2023

#57453: Newly created sub-site in multisite not appearing immediately in toolbar's
site-list dropdown.
 Reporter:  richardkrone  |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by sabernhardt):

 I meant the "My Sites" page, which is both the top-level link in the
 toolbar and linked under Dashboard in the side menu. If the new site is in
 that list and not the toolbar, then we need to find out why the toolbar
 does not recognize it.

 I think it is more likely a discrepancy when creating a site on the
 network admin page (`/wp-admin/network/site-new.php`). If I create a site
 there with someone else as the administrator, my user account is not
 automatically added to the new site. If I use the signup page (`/wp-
 signup.php`), however, my account is the first user for that new site.

 It might help to have a (pre-selected?) checkbox with "Add new site to My
 Sites" or something like it for the label. I also think the Admin Email
 field could have the current user's email as its default value, though
 selecting my own account in the email field properly saved the site to My
 Sites.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/57453#comment:5>