[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57450: Accessibility: WCAG violation by using "Fullscreen mode" as default in post editor

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 12 11:21:54 UTC 2023

#57450: Accessibility: WCAG violation by using "Fullscreen mode" as default in post
editor
--------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  burnuser      |       Owner:  (none)
Changes (by audrasjb):

 * version:  6.1.1 => 5.4

Comment:

 Hello and thank you for opening this ticket,

 First I don't think it's a violation to WCAG (Web Content Accessibility
 Guidelines) since we're not speaking about the public interface of the
 website. It's probably more related to Authoring Tool Accessibility
 Guidelines (ATAG).

 Second, I think this issue needs to be addressed on Gutenberg's side,
 since the code of the Editor is mostly located on Gutenberg GitHub
 repository: https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/
 Could you please open an issue in this repository?

 Also, since the default full screen mode was introduced in WordPress 5.4,
 let's replace the Version tag with `5.4` :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/57450#comment:1>