[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54088: Uploading media containing Norwegian letter å does not automatically readjust it to become aa.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 28 10:42:40 UTC 2023

#54088: Uploading media containing Norwegian letter å does not automatically
readjust it to become aa.
---------------------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  paaljoachim                            |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  defect (bug)                           |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by paaljoachim):

 Retesting using WordPress 6.2 beta 2.
 Twenty Twenty Three.
 Brave browser.

 I dragged the following images into the Media library.
 I uploaded: ståck-of-pebbles-gråphic.jpg it was converted into stack-of-
 pebbles-graphic.jpg
 I uploaded: Sun-grådients-ååå.jpg it was converted into Sun-gradients-
 aaa.jpg
 I uploaded: Moon-stars-åå.jpg it was converted into Moon-stars-aa.jpg
 I uploaded: Leaves-white-å.jpg it was converted into Leaves-white-a.jpg.

 I also tested dragging a couple of the images into the Block Editor and
 these were also converted. So as far as I noticed the conversation is
 working as it should.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54088#comment:52>