[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #54088: Uploading media containing Norwegian letter å does not automatically readjust it to become aa.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 22 16:51:02 UTC 2023

#54088: Uploading media containing Norwegian letter å does not automatically
readjust it to become aa.
---------------------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  paaljoachim                            |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  defect (bug)                           |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by joedolson):

 @paaljoachim Can you re-test this and confirm whether this issue is still
 happening? I just tested against trunk and 6.1.1, and I can't reproduce
 the issue with `å` failing to change to `a` in uploaded media file names.

 I'm wondering whether this issue was specific to your environment or was
 fixed inadvertently through some other commit since September 2021.

 Regarding the choice of letter to change to: it seems to be somewhat
 contentious, so in the interest of not churning code unnecessarily, I feel
 that we should leave it as it is.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/54088#comment:50>