[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57707: Issue with "Add New Application Password" in profile page leading to empty error message

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 14 23:21:06 UTC 2023

#57707: Issue with "Add New Application Password" in profile page leading to empty
error message
---------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  king-a-s             |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)         |      Status:  new
Changes (by peterwilsoncc):

 * component:  General => Application Passwords

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:3 king-a-s]:
 > However, in the case I am facing, the application-passwords are going to
 https://mysitename.com/wp-json instead of https://mysitename.com/wp/wp-
 json.

 This is the intended behavior, the rest api is a front end resource and
 intended to be relative to the public facing url. This has been the case
 since the introduction of the rest api so isn't something that WordPress
 is able to change.

 What I am trying to ascertain is whether you see the empty errors when
 attempting to create an application password using a copy of WordPress
 running in a sub-directory using a default theme and without any plugins?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/57707#comment:4>