[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16502: Quick Edit contents should only be rendered if quick edit button in actions after filtering

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Feb 5 18:31:27 UTC 2023

#16502: Quick Edit contents should only be rendered if quick edit button in actions
after filtering
 Reporter:  wyrfel                               |       Owner:  chriscct7
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  reviewing
Changes (by costdev):

 * keywords:  has-patch has-testing-info needs-dev-note => has-patch has-
     testing-info needs-dev-note dev-feedback

Comment:

 Thanks @oglekler! I believe you've spotted a valid issue with the patch.
 It seems that the `Quick Edit` and `Reply` features both use markup
 generated by the `wp_comment_reply()` function, and that the patch is
 missing consideration of the `reply` action.

 Adding `isset( $actions['reply'] ) ||` to the start of the conditions at
 `src/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-comments-list-table.php:867` appears to
 resolve the issue.

 However, since this particular markup is not isolated to one feature
 (covers both `Quick Edit` and `Reply`), we might need to consider whether
 changing the Comments screen is necessary here.

 For now, I'm thinking that we should remove the changes to `src/wp-
 admin/includes/class-wp-comments-list-table.php` and investigate the
 Comments screen in a separate ticket.

 -----

 Given that we'll be addressing Tags/Categories/Other Terms in #57596, I
 think the PR should probably just target `src/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-
 posts-list-table.php` to remove unnecessary rendering in
 Posts/Pages/Custom Post Type list tables. After all, the ticket
 description only refers to `post_rows`/`get_inline_data()`.

 @oglekler @mukesh27 @peterwilsoncc What do you think?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16502#comment:44>