[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16502: Quick Edit contents should only be rendered if quick edit button in actions after filtering

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Feb 4 16:43:07 UTC 2023

#16502: Quick Edit contents should only be rendered if quick edit button in actions
after filtering
 Reporter:  wyrfel                               |       Owner:  chriscct7
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by oglekler):

 Hi! I wonder if I am missing something, another patch possibly.

 I looked up and tested the patch [https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress-
 develop/pull/3152/files PR 3152] with WP v 6.1.1 and:
 - {{{ $actions['inline hide-if-no-js'] }}}  is set, so, inline data is
 still added.
 - Reply form in comments is moved across, and the result is that hidden
 data is still present, but forms are not working properly for the last
 item in comments list
 ([https://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/16502/core-
 ticket-16502.mp4 please, look the video above]).
 - Browser is not requesting data to edit by ajax at the moment of click on
 the Quick edit link and just filling in the form with existing data which
 can be obsolete at the time of editing if, for example, several editors
 are fixing things at the same time. So, I think that the whole point of
 not rendering editing form is to be sure that the data is actual at the
 moment of editing.
 - Browser will not render invisible content until it become visible, so,
 improvement in performance when unnecessary data will be removed is quite
 small.

 Please, consider the purpose of the ticket and take a second look for what
 tables and how are affected.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16502#comment:43>