[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56588: WordPress puts "loading=lazy" on first image on archive page - wp_get_loading_attr_default bug

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 1 23:42:31 UTC 2023

#56588: WordPress puts "loading=lazy" on first image on archive page -
wp_get_loading_attr_default bug
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  salvoaranzulla     |       Owner:  flixos90
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by flixos90):

 * owner:  (none) => flixos90
 * status:  new => assigned
 * version:  6.0.2 => 5.9
 * milestone:  6.2 => Future Release

Comment:

 @antpb @joemcgill I am working on a coordinated effort to identify the
 primary remaining issues with LCP images being lazy-loaded, and this
 ticket certainly will lead to one of them.

 Unfortunately, per my above comment, the suggested problem does not appear
 to be the actual bug here, so this will require more time for
 investigation. Unless we can replicate this bug and identify a simple
 solution, we should work on this for 6.3.

 I will move this to "Future Release" for now, but I have (and had) already
 taken a note to prioritize this early in the 6.3 cycle.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/56588#comment:6>