[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #56588: WordPress puts "loading=lazy" on first image on archive page - wp_get_loading_attr_default bug

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 1 23:38:41 UTC 2023

#56588: WordPress puts "loading=lazy" on first image on archive page -
wp_get_loading_attr_default bug
-------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  salvoaranzulla     |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new
Changes (by flixos90):

 * keywords:   => reporter-feedback

Comment:

 Thanks @salvoaranzulla, I have this ticket on my radar and am planning a
 coordinated effort to identify the remaining lazy-loading problems
 including the one you're having.

 I have tested the scenario you're describing. Unfortunately, it looks like
 the excerpt is not the cause for this problem. I am using a post with a
 few images in it, and I display `the_excerpt()` before calling
 `the_post_thumbnail()`, and my post thumbnail, as expected, does not have
 the `loading="lazy"` attribute.

 I certainly acknowledge though that there must be another bug happening
 that is causing that problem on your site. Can you maybe provide a bit
 more context? If at all possible, would you mind sharing a larger code
 sample of the template used on that page? I would like to figure out what
 the exact bug is.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/56588#comment:5>