[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30462: Test multiple supported database type and version combinations on GitHub Actions

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 21 13:02:53 UTC 2023

#30462: Test multiple supported database type and version combinations on GitHub
Actions
-------------------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  pento                                |       Owner:  desrosj
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by desrosj):

 Replying to [comment:33 johnbillion]:
 > @desrosj Approach 1 PR is running 98 jobs but the approach 2 PR is
 running 101. The difference is in the PHP 7.4 jobs, approach 1 is running
 2 memcached jobs but approach 2 is running 4. Plus Approach 2 is running a
 duplicate "MySQL 5.7" job.

 Ah, good catch. The duplicate is the job that reports the test results to
 the .org Host Test Results, it just was not noted within the job name.
 I've adjusted both workflows to reflect that within the name.
 Additionally, I don't think there's any need to run a second job
 specifically for reporting. That's something handled after all tests are
 completed and do not impact the environment at all. I've adjusted the
 strategies to allow `report` to be defined as `true` in one `include`
 statement to fix this.

 For the second discrepancy, I added two jobs that tested memcached with
 MariaDB in the second approach, but did not copy that over to the first
 PR. I've gone and done that so both should now be identical with 100 jobs
 total.

 This was because the second approach had a

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30462#comment:34>