[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30462: Test multiple supported database type and version combinations on GitHub Actions

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Aug 20 16:06:30 UTC 2023

#30462: Test multiple supported database type and version combinations on GitHub
Actions
-------------------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  pento                                |       Owner:  desrosj
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by johnbillion):

 I'm also leaning toward approach 2, I've had good results splitting the
 workflows in my plugins into reusable workflows. Another advantage it has
 is that if the tests start failing for one of the database types, it'll be
 presented more clearly on the job diagram on the Summary screen because
 the job lists are split by the two database types.

 @desrosj Approach 1 PR is running 98 jobs but the approach 2 PR is running
 101. The difference is in the PHP 7.4 jobs, approach 1 is running 3
 memcached jobs but approach 2 is running 4. In Approach 2 is running a
 duplicate "MySQL 5.7" job.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30462#comment:33>