[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59040: Usage of new filter `image_edit_thumbnails_separately` in image editing logic breaks backward compatibility

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Aug 9 21:58:43 UTC 2023

#59040: Usage of new filter `image_edit_thumbnails_separately` in image editing
logic breaks backward compatibility
 Reporter:  flixos90      |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by costdev):

 This was included in the **Modified Action/Filter Hooks** section of the
 Field Guide and had the `add-to-field-guide` keyword, but as it had the
 `needs-dev-note` keyword, you're right that it should've had its own dev
 note / been included in the Misc dev note to draw attention to potential
 breakages.

 I'm not sure (50/50) on whether we should make a change to only hide the
 UI and maintain the underlying logic. Need to
 make sure any reversal doesn't cause as much disruption as the deprecation
 did, but as 6.3 is only out, that'll be minimal I'd hope.

 Ozz, Peter, what do you think about a change here?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59040#comment:1>