[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51088: Site Health Status widget displays incorrect or inconsistent number of issues

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Aug 21 08:44:14 UTC 2020

#51088: Site Health Status widget displays incorrect or inconsistent number of
issues
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  Ate Up With Motor  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by justinahinon):

 Hi @ate-up-with-motor. Thanks for opening this ticket. Yes, I've noticed
 this behavior also in the dashboard widget, and on the "Site Health" page.

 I also believe that the slight lags noticed in the number display is due
 to calculations being performed before the display (although I doubt
 that's the only cause).

 For example on the dashboard widget, from https://github.com/WordPress
 /wordpress-develop/blob/master/src/wp-admin/includes/dashboard.php#L1790
 to L1806.

 On the "Site Health" page I don't think it's really a problem because
 correct numbers load after a second or two. But it is an issue on the
 admin widget because it usually takes several refresh and much more time
 to get the correct numbers.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/51088#comment:1>