[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43443: Add a method for confirmation of requests for deleting or anonymizing of personal data

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Mar 14 11:45:35 UTC 2018

#43443: Add a method for confirmation of requests for deleting or anonymizing of
personal data
 Reporter:  azaozz                               |       Owner:  mikejolley
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by mikejolley):

 @allendav I copied the sha code from elsewhere yes (some hosts don't
 support hash apparently), and also copied the email and expiration filter
 wording from the confirm email change email functions in the same file :)
 I'd like to leave those unless the other functions are changing also (out
 of scope?).

 r/e

 > I kinda liked the send_confirm_account_action_email function name better
 than wp_send_account_verification_key

 My thinking is that any action you're confirming for an account needs
 verification, so I thought it would work. I'm not tied to either.

 > Maybe add to this a means of cc'ing the administrator on the
 confirmation request? I.e. as part of the paper trail? IDK. The reason I'm
 wondering about that is it isn't clear to me yet is where we could log the
 final confirmation after the user completes it.

 This is really dependent on how we track things elsewhere. The logging
 table doesn't have to be part of this but I imagine functions using this
 code would create a log on request and log the confirmation when the
 action fires?

 @xkon

 > About the e-mail: Not necessarily for 'v1' again but the whole e-mail
 should be an editable thing for Admins through the UI again. If

 I'd leave this for plugins just like the other emails WordPress generates.
 Having a UI here would be inconsistent with the rest and isn't a 'must
 have' IMO.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43443#comment:14>