[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16031: Bulk actions: Reactivate bulk actions hook + add hander hook for all admin screens

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 19 22:32:32 UTC 2016

#16031: Bulk actions: Reactivate bulk actions hook + add hander hook for all admin
screens
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  Veraxus         |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by Veraxus):

 @DrewAPicture I'm ready to take another stab at this for 4.5... but we
 have a decision to make: do we want to try to clean up the admin screens
 and move everything (including the hook) into the WP_List_Table class(es)
 OR do we want to include the hook in each of the admin screens as my
 previous comprehensive patch did?

 Those are really the only two possible approaches. Due to the save-
 redirect process being handled on each of the admin pages (and not in any
 WP_List_Table class), putting this hook into WP_List_Table, by necessity,
 means a massive refactoring of each of the admin screens as well as the
 associated WP_List_Table child classes.

 IMO, this should be a 2-release process. The first (targeting 4.5) being
 to update the comprehensive patch to refactor each of the admin screens,
 making them more consistent while adding the necessary hook. The second
 (targeting 4.6) being to further refactor them by moving the list table
 related functionality into the appropriate classes.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16031#comment:69>