[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35053: XML-RPC when post with date_created_gmt, its post_date will gmt date not local date

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jan 3 15:26:58 UTC 2016

#35053: XML-RPC when post with date_created_gmt, its post_date will gmt date not
local date
------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  hnle                          |       Owner:  wonderboymusic
     Type:  defect (bug)                  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by dossy):

 Replying to [comment:22 nacin]:
 > [...] And the patch to make this work is a) not ready (for one,
 exceptions should absolutely be trapped within `iso8601_to_datetime()`),

 Actually, I just realized - I originally wrote the code using the PHP
 Date/Time object oriented interface, which throws exeptions.  I later
 changed the code to exclusively use the procedural interface, which
 returns errors instead of throwing exceptions.  So, my actual
 implementation of `iso8601_to_datetime()` no longer throws exceptions, but
 I never update the unit tests to reflect this.  I can go ahead and update
 the tests, if that's your objection ...

 (FWIW, `get_gmt_from_date()` and `get_date_from_gmt()` both use the object
 oriented interface, c.f. `new DateTimeZone(...)`,
 `$datetime->setTimezone(...)` and `$datetime->format(...)`, all of which
 could throw exceptions and are not caught.)

 > b) as it stands, too big and too hairy for a point release.

 So, 4.5 then?  In the meantime, revert all the partial attempts to fix
 date handling in 4.4 which fix one bug and introduce another?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35053#comment:25>