[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35053: XML-RPC when post with date_created_gmt, its post_date will gmt date not local date

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jan 3 15:37:02 UTC 2016

#35053: XML-RPC when post with date_created_gmt, its post_date will gmt date not
local date
------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  hnle                          |       Owner:  wonderboymusic
     Type:  defect (bug)                  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by dossy):

 Oh, now I remember why I used the try/catch pattern in the tests I wrote:
 I needed to ensure that `update_option( 'timezone_string', $tz );` got
 called ''after'' a failed PHPUnit assertion, to restore the pre-test
 `timezone_string` value, since the tests modify it.

 Really, I should have done this inside PHPUnit's `setUp()` and
 `tearDown()`.  I've uploaded a fresh patch that improves the tests this
 way, see [attachment:35053-3.patch].

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35053#comment:26>