[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37537: Hooks To Improve UI & UX when making a plugin that modifies the Edit-Comment Screen

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 1 12:00:28 UTC 2016

#37537: Hooks To Improve UI & UX when making a plugin that modifies the Edit-
Comment Screen
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  stewarty            |      Owner:
     Type:  feature request     |     Status:  new
Component:  Comments            |    Version:  4.5.3
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, administration  |
 I am in the process of trying to modify the edit-comment form.

 While there are hooks for adding Meta Boxes here, more hooks for adding
 inputs and elements to the page would be useful.

 For example, I am attempting to add a dropdown menu that allows for the
 comment's  author_id to be changed.  To me, it makes most sense for this
 to be available underneath the existing author fields.  Ideally, in the
 same box.

 At the moment this just isn't possible,