[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22212: WP_User_Query( array('role' => $role) ) should accept array or not return anything if array

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 7 09:49:16 UTC 2015

#22212: WP_User_Query( array('role' => $role) ) should accept array or not return
anything if array
--------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  thomask                   |       Owner:  boonebgorges
     Type:  enhancement               |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by swissspidy):

 I just tested the new patch and it looks good so far. What's it with these
 sanity checks though?

 {{{
 // Sanity check: this clause may already have been added to the
 meta_query.
 if ( empty( $this->meta_query->clauses ) || ! in_array( $roles_clauses,
 $this->meta_query_clauses, true ) ) {
     $role_queries[] = $roles_clauses;
 }
 }}}

 1. This should probably be `if ( empty( $this->meta_query->queries ) || !
 in_array( $roles_clauses, $this->meta_query->queries, true ) ) {`
 (`clauses` is protected)
 2. Either we add this check to all role clauses (see my patch) or remove
 it (what breaks?).
 3. What about a test for this sanity check?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22212#comment:58>