[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31336: Customizer: separate navigation from options UI for better UX by removing accordion behavior

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 28 23:29:13 UTC 2015

#31336: Customizer: separate navigation from options UI for better UX by removing
accordion behavior
 Reporter:  celloexpressions         |       Owner:  ocean90
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  assigned
  commit                             |  administration
Changes (by celloexpressions):

 * keywords:  has-patch needs-testing => has-patch needs-testing commit

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:83 valendesigns]:
 > @ocean90 I've spent a lot of hours trying to figure out these iOS bugs
 only to remove the patch and find out it already existed. It's not being
 introduced by this patch. This should be its own ticket. Can we move
 forward without fixing iOS right this moment? I can create a patch to fix
 the remaining two UI issues. What are your thoughts?

 It doesn't surprise me that the iOS issues were existing - this ticket
 doesn't touch the themes panel animations so it wouldn't logically be
 caused by something new. @valendesigns please prepare a finalized patch
 that addresses all other issues and check it for **regressions**. @ocean90
 please do a final review and commit as soon as possible, at worst within
 the next 24 hours.

 This ticket is (still) in the critical path of several dependencies for
 Menu Customizer, we don't have time to nitpick every last issue to death
 right now. Once an initial pass is committed, as I said earlier, it will
 be much easier to identify and address smaller issues with the
 implementation without causing regressions in other parts of the patch.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31336#comment:85>