[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32894: Customizer Menus: page enters an infinite reloading loop when using a menu with a walker

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 6 08:29:30 UTC 2015

#32894: Customizer Menus: page enters an infinite reloading loop when using a menu
with a walker
-------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  dennis_f           |       Owner:  westonruter
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by dennis_f):

 Replying to [comment:2 westonruter]:

 > I cannot reproduce the problem here, neither on 4.3 beta 1 or on trunk
 [...]

 That's strange, I created a second installation on my localhost to test
 that and the same problem happened. I've been using the Beta Tester plugin
 that has updated the installation to 4.3-beta1-33088.

 I've been trying to trace the problem, so far I found that in the
 '''customize-preview-nav-menus.js''' file, when the
 {{{refreshMenuInstance()}}} function is called and the '''walker''' option
 is set, the container element:
 {{{ container = $( '#partial-refresh-menu-container-' + String(
 instanceNumber ) ); }}}
 doesn't exist (while it exists without the '''walker''' option set)
 and then the following code is executed
 {{{
 if ( ! instance.can_partial_refresh || 0 === container.length ) {
         api.preview.send( 'refresh' );
         return;
 }
 }}}
 which might be related with the looping issue.

 I hope that someone else can reproduce the issue, but meanwhile I'll keep
 on digging - I'll keep you posted.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32894#comment:3>