[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32894: Customizer Menus: page enters an infinite reloading loop when using a menu with a walker

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 6 06:33:30 UTC 2015

#32894: Customizer Menus: page enters an infinite reloading loop when using a menu
with a walker
-------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  dennis_f           |       Owner:  westonruter
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  accepted
Changes (by westonruter):

 * keywords:  needs-patch => reporter-feedback

Comment:

 I cannot reproduce the problem here, neither on 4.3 beta 1 or on trunk. I
 used that `themeslug_walker_nav_menu` class from the codex page, putting
 it in `functions.php` for Twenty Fifteen, and then modified the primary
 nav menu to be embedded via:

 {{{#!php
         <?php
                 // Primary navigation menu.
                 wp_nav_menu( array(
                         'menu_class'     => 'nav-menu',
                         'theme_location' => 'primary',
                         'walker' => new themeslug_walker_nav_menu(),
                 ) );
         ?>
 }}}

 But upon changing a nav menu item by reordering or changing a property,
 the preview does a full refresh as expected in that no apparent infinite
 loop is experienced.

 Note I did find one unexpected thing, however: the custom walker is
 dropped when the menu is previewed in the preview. This is due to a logic
 problem in `WP_Customize_Nav_Menus::filter_wp_nav_menu_args()`. I've re-
 opened #32781 with a patch to fix that issue.

 But otherwise, I can't reproduce the infinite loop problem. Please advise.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32894#comment:2>