[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22900: is_writable function fails on Windows systems causing spurious http_request_failed error

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 13 00:39:30 UTC 2012

#22900: is_writable function fails on Windows systems causing spurious
http_request_failed error
--------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  Otto42        |       Owner:

Comment (by dd32):

 I've just had someone email me the test debug from this thread:
 http://wordpress.org/support/topic/35-on-iis7-unable-to-update-plug-ins-
 and-themes?replies=5

 As expected, the results in this case are:
 {{{
 get_temp_dir: C:\Windows\TEMP/  is_dir: true  win_writable: true
 writable: false
 WP_CONTENT_DIR: G:\....\wwwroot/wp-content  is_dir: true  win_writable:
 true   writable: true
 }}}

 An unfortunate side effect of this, and I'm rather annoyed that I didn't
 catch it in #20778, is that this will block people on affected systems
 from being able to upgrade to 3.5.1, or being able to install a plugin
 from the admin to fix it.

 A temporary work around for those affected, would be to add this to their
 wp-config.php file, which will revert it to 3.4's behaviour (most likely)
 and get them unstuck..
 {{{
 define( 'WP_TEMP_DIR', ABSPATH . 'wp-content/' );

Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22900#comment:4>