[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22900: is_writable function fails on Windows systems causing spurious http_request_failed error

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Dec 12 22:58:54 UTC 2012

#22900: is_writable function fails on Windows systems causing spurious
http_request_failed error
--------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  Otto42        |       Owner:

Comment (by dd32):

 The is_writable() check here is redundant when no path is passed to
 WP_HTTP to save the file to, in that case, it uses get_temp_dir(). In the
 case where a path is specifically passed, we still need to do a
 is_writable() check on it.

 Perhaps we should rename win_is_writable() to wp_is_writable(), and short-
 circuit it with is_writable() when the server isn't windows, and then just
 use that everywhere?

 It would reduce the logic elsewhere too.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22900#comment:3>