[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #1524: WordPress.org SSO: custom template handling and CSS for login-related screens

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 21 00:03:35 UTC 2016

#1524: WordPress.org SSO: custom template handling and CSS for login-related
screens
--------------------------+---------------------------------------
  Reporter:  stephdau     |      Owner:  stephdau
      Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  assigned
Resolution:               |   Keywords:  has-screenshots has-patch
--------------------------+---------------------------------------

Comment (by mapk):

 @michaelarestad - This is the product of several iterations. Maybe there
 should be an announcement of something like this to the community when it
 goes live so that people aren't thrown off? I'm not sure. The feedback
 I've seen thus far has been very positive.

 Based on extensive research by Hugo, the current WordPress.org tends to
 feel "dated" to our users. We're exploring new ways to enhance the design
 while increasing the user's performance/experience on our site - this is a
 step in that direction.

 This design uses the brand colors, fonts, and doesn't veer much away from
 WordPress.org as a whole, but rather distinguishes itself from
 WordPress.com all the more. Yes the page is darker. This would only apply
 to the login/OAuth screens and not the rest of the site as a clear
 indicator that the user isn't logging into .COM.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1524#comment:21>