[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #360: Make trac ticket properties more accessible in the Edit/Create Ticket screen

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Feb 22 03:44:12 UTC 2014

#360: Make trac ticket properties more accessible in the Edit/Create Ticket
screen
------------------------+------------------
Reporter:  ericlewis    |      Owner:
    Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
 In the recent focus overhaul, I believe Focuses got a `title` attribute
 added to them; now when you hover over a focus, you get the description
 for the focus. This is minute and probably unhelpful to the advanced
 involved core contributor, but super helpful for a person with what a
 focus actually represents.

 This makes me think: how else can we improve the UX of the ticket property
 editor?

 What if we added title attributes for ticket property labels? Hovering
 over "Version:" could reveal "The earliest WordPress version in which this
 bug can be reproduced." Hovering over "Milestone:" could reveal "The
 version this ticket is currently slated to be completed by. Can only be
 set by core committers and bug gardeners."

 I would also dig if component descriptions were discoverable here too.