[wp-hackers] WordPress Maturity (was)Re: hate

Leho Kraav leho at kraav.com
Thu May 2 12:58:34 UTC 2013

Kevinjohn Gallagher wrote:
 >>> "I'm sorry, but I can't hear you over your lack of patches in
Trac." - Scott
 >>> This is where the WP community starts to become a tad difficult -
especially for those of us who are not developers.I'm not a developer,
so does that make my use cases any less relevant or accurate?We're
running a WP install in a FTSE10 company. Should I not report issues
here because I can't code PHP? Or does my experience here not count?

Kevinjohn Gallagher wrote:

> In terms of code, I totally hear what you're saying :)
> But sometimes [people like me] point out things that are not code issues. Processes, testing, MVC, methodology, release schedules, communication, project management, training, digital security, best practices, CI, Vagrant, Sonar code coverage, etc etc.

Yeah stressing that aspect wasn't very clear to me from previous
discussion. This whole thread to me seemed to be strongly tied to
whatever stuff that also needs accompanying code changes.

For the cases of ecosystem change requests that requires no code
patches, I probably am not WP Trac-seasoned enough yet to comment with
anything meaningful. FWIW based on what I've seen wandering around for a
few years, everyone in charge at least on surface seem to be quite
reasonable people, at which point it mostly boils down to what @nacin
said in his replies.