[wp-hackers] RE: limit images displayed in the media upload window ?

dyordan1@ramapo.edu dyordan1 at ramapo.edu
Tue Mar 26 10:54:06 UTC 2013

Lee,

If it makes you feel any better I’ve noticed the same problem too. It seems that WordPress has a limit to how many images it will show at a time and you took the time to count that limit to 129. It has been an issue for me exactly once, when I had more than that many images on a single page. For all other cases, I upload media files to the page I’m going to use them on so if I switch to the Uploaded to this Page from the dropdown, it shows everything and I don’t have to worry about it. I’m guessing that’s not a solution for you though so I would look through this page for anything interesting and then dig the core to find out more:

http://adambrown.info/p/wp_hooks/hook

Maybe there’s a filter for that somewhere. I wouldn’t think it’s a dropdown select or something in Settings though so you’ll have to code it into your theme/plugin. Good Luck!

~Dobri