[wp-hackers] Salting

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Mon Jul 1 18:49:59 UTC 2013

If you make your own wp-config.php file instead of letting the
setup-config process do it for you, then yes, you should get your own
salts manually and put them in there. having it store them in the DB
is slightly slower. Not enough where I'd expect you to notice though.

A lot of install instruction sets still say to copy the
wp-config-sample.php file, but the automatic config process is
somewhat better and I recommend using that when possible.

-Otto